Franczek is the law firm of choice for Illinois schools. We concentrate in education, labor, and employment law, in both the public and private sectors. We represent a broad spectrum of elementary and secondary schools and school districts, special education cooperatives, charter schools, and institutions of higher education, primarily in Illinois.
Title IX is one of the fastest evolving and most challenging issues facing education institutions. Our attorneys have experience:
- Drafting and updating policies governing sexual harassment, sexual assault, and other issues covered by Title IX, VAWA, and related agency and regulatory guidance
- Counseling administrators when sexual assault incidents or other Title IX issues occur
- Defending schools, colleges, and universities against Title IX lawsuits and agency charges by both complainants and respondents
- Representing clients under investigation by the Office for Civil Rights
- Training responsible employees and Title IX coordinators, investigators, and other administrators about the legal requirements of Title IX and related laws, as well as proper techniques for investigating and resolving complaints of sexual misconduct
- Delivering prevention and awareness training regarding sexual harassment, sexual assault, and related issues to a variety of campus constituencies
Through this blog, we aim to provide relevant and timely information for school leaders and educators about Title IX, with a special focus on topics of particular interest to our clients and friends in Illinois.